It has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb.
Recently, science has started to back up what the Indians have known for a long time... it really does contain compounds with medicinal properties.
These compounds are called curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
There are over 6000 clinical studies that show this herb to be one of the most healing herbs on earth. The reason why turmeric is so beneficial it contains curcumin which are highly anti-inflammatory.
Here is a quick look at some of the key health benefits of this mighty herb:
1. Anti-inflammatory; can help relieve joint and muscle pain
2. Help with blood sugar levels or low energy levels
3. Anti-microbial properties to help with acne by killing off different types of bacteria
4. A very powerful liver detoxifier as well as helping with cellular function
5. Can help clean out your arteries caused by plaque build up
These are just a few of the amazing benefits. Incorporate turmeric into your daily diet. Ways to get it into your diet is by adding the spice to an herbal tea, to your meals as a spice, apply it to your skin as an essential oil or look for high quality turmeric supplements and consume daily.
Check out our Bosmeric supplement on our website under ‘Wellness’ if you’d like to learn more about how to get the most out of this medicinal herb.